Oshoshina Gozen “Otoyonokata Course”
Bringing the most familiar and dearest Yonezawa to you
“Oshoshina” means “Thank you” in the Yonezawa dialect". “Oshoshina” for coming to Yonezawa.
“Oshoshina” for enjoying Yonezawa.
With this thankfulness in mind, we have composed the lunch menu so that you can enjoy Yonezawa with a familiarity with the word, as well as the ingredients at a reasonable price.
Who is Otoyonokata?
Otoyonokata was a concubine of Uesugi Yozan, the 9th Lord of Yonezawa Domain, who left the famous words : ‘To achieve, one must act." We named our menu after her, as she supported Uesugi Yonezan during the reformation of the domain. We hope visitors to Yonezawa can get to know the history and enjoy the taste at the same time. This is our humble hospitality. One of the attractions is the variety of ingredients, dishes, and colors depending on the season or the restaurant you visit. In other words, you can enjoy different dishes as many as there are chages in seasons and restaurants.
Enjoy seeing, enjoy knowing, and enjoy eating.
Please enjoy each individual cooks’ seasonal originality in the Oshoshina Gozen “Otoyonokata Course” at the restaurants you visit.
InformationMeals are available by prior booking. Please contact the individual restaurant in advance.
Membership conditions・Standard of items
Oshoshina Gozen “Otoyonokata Course”is served with the following standard.
1. Requirements of the member restaurants. (Members should meet all of the following requirements.)
(1) Restaurants must be open and doing business in Yonezawa city.
(2) Restaurants must be members of Yonezawa Tourism Convention Association. (Hereinafter called "Association")
(3) Restaurants must submit an application form or other forms in writing based on an agreement with the purpose of All Yonezawa Food Culture Promotion Council Terms, Article 2.
2. Standards of menu provided.
(1) Name of the provided menu should be "Oshoshina Gozen 'Otoyonokata Course' " (Hereinafter called Otoyonokata Course.)
(2) Otoyonokata Course will be designated as a low-priced item. (Pricing should be 2,000 yen or under.)
(3) The menu should consist of 3 or more dishes which use agricultural, livestock, and fishery products of Yonezawa such as “ABC Taste of Yonezawa” or traditional vegetables. In the case that there is difficulty sourcing the ingredienets or creating 3 dishes or more stated as above, the range of the ingredients can be widened and traditional ingredients from Okitama area can be also used as an alternative.
*Specific menu examples are as follows. (These are the examples. Menus can be changed.)
【Example Menu 1】
・Nishinkake Soba (Buckwheat noodles with herring)
・Tama Konjac no amani (Stewed sweet tama konjac)
・Yonezawa pork ichiban sodachi miso nabe (Yonezawa pork miso hot pot)
・Okahijiki no karashiae (Saltwort dressed with mustard)
・Seisai-zuke (Pickled seisai vegetable)
・Tateyama Ringo no Wainni (Tateyama apples boiled with wine)
【Example Menu 2】
・Sansai Jiru (Mountain vegetable miso soup)
・Stewed Sweet Yonezawa Carp
・Tsubu tsubu ni (Cooked kidney beans and vegetables with soy sauce)
・Yukina no fusube-zuke (Cooked diced yukina)
・Omi-zuke (Diced pickled vegetables)
【Example Menu 3】
・Buta don (Pork bowl)
・Tōyama Turnip miso soup
・Hiyashiru (Cold dish of seasonal vegetables)
・Asatsuki no sumisoae (Chives dressed with vinegar and miso)